We offer a wide range of interactive INSET programmes.
These can be arranged either as whole day, half-day or twilight sessions:
- Planning for School Improvement – a detailed, step-by-step framework for self-evaluation leading to a comprehensive School Improvement Plan.
- Assessment for Learning – explores the rationale behind the removal of levels as a national benchmark, and explores how a shift in teaching pedagogy can enabling greater depth and breadth in learning and put children at the centre of learning.
- Building Learning Power – practical steps for teachers and schools on how to furnish pupils with skills for life using BLP principles and practices.
- Towards an Independent Curriculum – a guide to developing an exciting, discovery-led curriculum for EYFS through to KS3 which focuses on Learning Skills and Knowledge Stands.
- Managing Conflict – a practical workshop looking at strategies for dealing with difficult or confrontational situations at school.
- Being Inspection Ready – this workshop looks at key areas in ensuring that you are Ofsted or ISI ready, including SEF evaluation, understanding and communicating a school's strengths and weaknesses, how to use 'learning walks' effectively, and community cohesion.
- Event Planning – we have many years’ experience of organising school events of all kinds – both in-house and community events. This session aims to take the strain out of event planning with some useful tips and short-cuts that you can take to make your school event a great success!
- Young Entrepreneurs – this workshop explores how you can set up an achievable and fun school business programme for your pupils, including the use of parents as ‘Dragons’ and culminating in a ‘Market Day – a wonderful day for the whole school community.
- Music and Drama - ideas and activities for non-specialist music and drama teachers. This workshop is designed especially for schools wanting to develop their performing arts programme and who do not have access to a specialist music or drama teacher.
- What Outstanding Schools have in common - this session explores the characteristics and processes of schools that have been judged 'outstanding' by Ofsted or ISI. The aim is to generate thinking around what you already do well, and how to use that platform to build a school profile that will take you to outstanding - and keep you there.
- Leveraging Education Technology - a workshop designed for teachers who want to explore how using internet based tools can engage pupils, promote collaborative working and improve outcomes.
- Academy Status - a bespoke workshop for schools who want to explore what moving to academy status might mean for them. The session will focus on pupil outcomes as well as staff development.
- Developing the Next Generation of Transformational School Leaders - an opportunity to explore effective, end-to-end models of identifying, encouraging and developing the best school leaders over time.
- Finance and Cost Saving - an opportunity for head teachers and senior school leaders, as well as school governors, to look at the management of the school's finances. This session will focus on best value in managing the school's financial resources and the extent to which the use of these resources leads to improved outcomes for pupils. It will also review specific areas where cost savings may be made.